Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Geburtstag

My birthday - yesterday, 32 - continued this year's theme of "better than I deserve." I was treated to a great day. It began with Frühstück (breakfast) with The South Africans. Then Roland and I booked a flight and accommodations for a trip to Dublin next week. Then, my birthday being April Fool's Day, I was treated to an impressive practical joke in the form of a very official-looking letter from the administration notifying me of a 400 Euro ($600) utility bill. That evening was a joint birthday party with Frau da Silva, wife of one of our professors, who happens to share the same birthday. She hosted and took care of the food. I just had to help cook for a few hours the day before (by "cook" I mean fry some meat and try not to burn anything) and buy some beer. It was a great party with around 25 friends and neighbors from the Hochschule!

(From left to right: Martin, Thomas, Naemi, Benjamin, me, and Mathias.)

(Party at the da Silva's!)

(Roland and me.)

(Dr. and Frau da Silva)

No comments: