Monday, October 29, 2007

Bromo


I had the pleasure this weekend of reconnecting with an old friend.

I was constantly reminded how deficient I've been in keeping up with many of my friends, but also, how good it is to see them again. We spent the weekend reminiscing and catching up. I hadn't seen Bromo since February of 2000, at Fort Benning, Georgia. He's been living in Germany since 2001. This was the first time I've met his wife, Michaela (they were married in September, 2006).

I've kept up with Bromo through the regular updates in the "Don Letters" - compiled by St. John's University Alumni Chaplain, Father Don Talafous. I've been in Germany for nearly two months, but just last week looked him up. We had discussed getting together this weekend, before he heads back to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. Friday afternoon he called me up and asked if I could come down this weekend - this evening, perhaps? "I can be out the door in an hour," I said.

No comments: