Friday, May 16, 2008

Sankt Johannes Gemeindechor (14.05.2008)

One of the truly wonderful experiences this year has been singing in the the church choir - "Gemeindechor" - at St. John's. Directed by my good friend, Roland Johannes, many of them have gone out of their way to help me feel at home in Germany. Wednesday night, after a brief rehearsal, we grilled. So, here are some pictures of some of my favorite people. Peace to you.

[Hilbert and Heinz getting it started.]

[Andreas, Frau da Silva, me.]

[Back: Hilbert, Helmut, Mathias; Front: Roland, Benjamin]

[Thomas (front) and Sebastian (back, white shirt) playing "Tischtennis" with Pastor Wenz's kids; little Johannes spectating.]

[Johannes]

[Helmut, Heinz, Renate. (I'm not sure what causes what: are The South Africans attracted to barbecues? Or, will a spontaneous barbecue break out when The South Africans get together?) My kind of people.]

[Thomas, Helmut, me.]

[Sing-along with Frau Eichmeier, Herr Pick, Andreas, and Roland (playing the piano)]

No comments: