Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Erntedankfest


Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving Day is possibly my favorite holiday. The focus is on three of my favorite things: family, friends, and food. Over the last ten years, I think I've spent two or three Thanksgivings at home in Minnesota. What I've learned is that when you travel and live away from family, the definition of "family" expands. Friends become as close as family. My friend Lee and I had a stretch of four of five Thanksgiving days spent together in three different states and one foreign country. (More than one of those involved a Thanksgiving morning trip to the Super Walmart.) This year I have to thank my friends the Ottos, Andreas and Andrea, for hosting a feast for us Americans (both of us), and a few German and South African friends of mine here at the Hochschule who have studied in the U.S. Andrea put together quite a spread of food! (And, some good German bier, of course!)

Peace to you. Thank you for your friendship.

No comments: