Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bundesliga Aktion (08.02.2008)

Friday evening, after we had taken Roland's uncle to the airport, Roland, Helmut and I met our friends Thomas, Mathias and Andreas at the Stadion for my first-ever Bundesliga Fußball match! It's funny, it was Andreas' idea (Eintracht Frankfurt is his favorite team), but he was the only German in the group, as the rest of my friends are South African. Our seats were in the sixth row on one of the corners, opposite the fenced-in area where they keep all the hooligans. I've not been to a major college football game (I don't count the Gophers in the Metrodome), but that's what I might try to compare it to. The "hooligans" had drums, crazy huge flags and sang through the whole game. We were treated to a 2-1 victory. And, after the game, the beer drinking and singing spilled outside the stadium and lasted the whole way back to the Hauptbahnhof in Frankfurt, where we changed trains back to Oberursel.





No comments: