Monday, August 27, 2007

Army Chaplaincy

Just an FYI . . .

On 16 August I learned that I have been accepted to the Army's Chaplain Candidate Program. What that means . . . the door is open for me to return to the military as a chaplain. I've been serving in the Army Reserves the past two years; this ensures that I can finish school without risk of deployment. Essentially I will get discharged and recommissioned on the same day. There are opportunities for me to train during school. When I finish the Sem, I can either return to the Reserves as a chaplain immediately - while serving as a parish pastor. Or, I can serve at least two years as a parish pastor, then return to active duty.

I am thankful to God for this opportunity to serve his children in the military. I am excited to see where this opportunity leads!

Peace to you,
Jake

P.S. Please keep my brother, Steve, in your prayers. He arrived in Baghdad roughly one week ago . . . .

1 comment:

Chad Lakies said...

Jake,

That's great news man! Hope everything is going well over there. School just kicked back into gear here, but nothing is too busy yet. You should have saw CRAVE the other night for Kale's CD release. We were literally over capicity. At the last song I counted over 150 people, and I know there were more lingering about. The north campus efforts have proven fruitful in the sense that we have found out we are pretty well-known over there--something of a surprise to us. We're starting weekly worship there next week, so we'll see what happens. Blessings to you my friend.

Chad